Country of origin : MALAYSIA
Industry : MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT
- Malaysia’s oldest english newspaper still in print. Having been founded as The Straits Times in 1845, and was reestablished as the “New Straits Times” in 1965.
- A tabloid version first rolled off the presses in 2004 and since 2005, the newspaper is published only in tabloid size, ending a 160-year-old tradition of broadsheet publication.
- It currently retails at RM1.20. 2011, 3D publication was introduced to the paper’s print and online editions.
- Recently bags a few awards; Greentech Awards, Asiamoney Awards for best Corporate Governance couple of times.
- It is printed by the New Straits Times Press, which also produces the English language afternoon newspaper, The Malay Mail.