Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The iconic twin towers of the world, with the world’s highest double-decked bridge connecting them, is one of the best designed and constructed structures. Located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the Petronas Towers is regarded as a pinnacle of engineering feat. The towers use eight pointed stars to give importance to the Islamic principles of ‘unity within unity, harmony, stability and rationality’.
It was developed in less than six and a half years and became an iconic structure. It was developed with a futuristic sight and noise reduction technique and light filtering glasses were used to make the structure withstand the fury of nature. The structure boasts of executive lifts that can travel at speeds of 6 metres per second along with double-decker high-speed lifts and heavy duty service lifts with speeds of 3.5 metres per second.
- Tallest building in the world from 1998 to 2004
- Tallest twin-building of the world with a height of 451.9 metres
- World’s deepest foundation
- Highest two-storey bridge in the world
- It was opened for public in 1996