Anoop Kumar Saxena, CEO, VICAT In India
Define your leadership style
I believe that leadership starts with people’s faith towards a person who drives for a cause for the betterment of the company, society and country. Faith develops by influence, with or without authority. I prefer leading the change with support of people and their faith in the cause.
I believe in my colleagues and empower them with clear communication, involve them in decision-making and give commitment from me to be by their side to provide all necessary support for delivering the objective and achieving the goal.
A passionate person to deliver the commitment.
What are the 5 key roles of a successful leader
- Clear communication and Direction setting for the team
- Provide an atmosphere where people can take risk for achieving something different
- Allow team to challenge the convention all the time
- Effective monitoring
- Always create compelling story to encourage employee towards the vision
Your suggestion to young leaders who are trying to make it big
There is no substitution of hard work. Always make jobs of your employees enjoyable therefore engaging them in various interesting assignment. In today’s world, continual improvement is not sufficed; we need to have quantum jump.
How should leaders handle their start ups
- Utilise the strength of Information Technology for doing business in faster & efficient way.
- Market study & analysis is key and always keep on doing sensitivity analysis in dynamic market situation
- Always keep plan “B” ready if plan “A” fails
- Keep team in a good spirit and explain the vision and compelling story & ensure that compelling story becomes their story and they perform for organization happily
- Funding is a “Key” to any start up, please ensure the competitive fund raising
What are your success mantras
- Employees are key asset of any leader & always believe that a good employee can change the fate of organization
- Engage, inspire and empower your people
- Believe in you and your team that “You Can Do It”
- Never be afraid of failures as there is a lot of learning from every failures
- Take targets more stretched to keep you always competitive