World Class Delivery to Indian Consumers: Reliance JIO
Chosen as Asia’s Most Promising Brands, Reliance JIO is taking the world by storm. A venture from India’s biggest brand Reliance, JIO delivers world-class service to India.Company Name: Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. Brand: Jio Industry: Telecommunication Country: India Chairman: Sh. Mukesh D Ambani Annual Turnover (2017-2018): Rs 23,714 Cr 2018-2019: WCRC 500 Brand Rank Current Overall Brand Rank (India’s Strongest Brands, WCRC 500): 76 Industry Category Rank 2018-2019: 3
Recent Financial achievements:
Mergers & Acquisitions: Acquisition of controlling stake in Den Networks and Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd. Acquired music application Saavn and integrated it with JioMusic to create JioSaavn Jio is the largest telecom company in India (in terms of adjusted gross revenue), it commands highest ARPU (average revenue per user) in the Indian telecom industry.
BRAND STRATEGYWhat is your brand proposition? Delivering world class service to Indian consumers at most affordable price
What is the brand image that the company wants to portray to its target group?
Jio means ‘to live’, the three letter word signifies freedom to live a worry free digital life. Jio continues to bring world class products and services to Indian consumers. Customers enjoy these products at the most affordable prices. Jio brand echoes with its customers as a trusted brand which is driving digital revolution in India. What according to you are the five competitive brands in the country and in Asia in your category? A) Airtel, B) Vodafone Idea, c) BSNL Consumer perception of your brand Consumer centric innovative brand In the past 12 months what branding and marketing activities has been undertaken by your company to enhance the visibility, recall and acceptability of the brand? Some of the major marketing campaigns undertaken in the last 12 months are:
- Celebrating 250 Mn customers on Jio network
- JioPhone for Mahakumbh campaign – launched as app on JioPhone for devotees attending Mahakumbh
- JioPostpaid campaign – launch of India’s best postpaid plan with many first in India features
- JioCinema Disney campaign – JioCinema users can now enjoy movies and shows from Disney including Marvel movies
- In two years, Jio has overtaken decades old incumbent to become leader in Revenue Market Share (measured by Adjusted Gross Revenue). Jio has the highest Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) among all the Indian operators
- It is the fastest growing Telecom company in India
- It has been consistently rated as fastest mobile network by TRAI
- Digital Interactive campaigns – Through Jio Engage, Jio started a new era in digital marketing in India. Unlike earlier uni-directional campaigns, Jio Engage provides a bi-directional communication ability to reach out to customers in a real time and interactive manner. The powerful AI based solution support real time interaction ability over a video call.
- TV & Mobile Convergence – Bringing together two most popular entertainment sources in India – TV and Mobile. Through Jio Cricket Play Along campaign, Jio customers could sync their mobile application to live TV match. Customers’ could enjoy interactive application which ran in tune with the content running on live TV.
Major awards and recognition for Jio Reliance Jio has been ranked as the top company globally on Fortune’s ‘Change the World’ list 2018 Reliance Jio is ranked 17th amongst the Top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world by Fast Company, 2018 Reliance Jio is ranked as 5th Strongest telecom brand in the world by BrandFinance Jio ranked as India’s Top Most Innovative Company by Fast Company, 2018 Disclaimer: Asia’s Most Promising Brands is a property of WCRC INT+. All secondary, primary, direct and online research is a property of ibrands 360. Ethical standards suggest that WCRC INT+ will not disclose any research material to any competition other individuals in the industry. Similarly no company is authorized to share research data with any company/individual without the prior consent of WCRC INT+. WCRC INT+ holds the rights to discontinuation of research of any brand on violation of terms and conditions. This research is a confidential document only between the referred brand and WCRC INT+.